Saturday, September 10, 2005

A sporadic post while taking a break in between preparing my case write-up...
Being in the OT in the wee hours of the morning is a surreal experience and I have grown to like Class 95. Can't figure how the two are related? That channel was played on the OT radio.
Well, the sort of music played on the OT radio depends on the surgeon's preference. For instance, someone can sing aloud to Buble. I've personally heard May Day's new album to an anterior resection with an assistant surgeon drumming away. Sounds morbid? Ha!
Why Class 95? 'Cos the playlist comprises of songs from my secondary school days, those days when I was first exposed to English pop and still liked it as it was -- (alas!) soapy but soothing ballads about luff and fluff. Nowadays, contemporary English music is dominated by LOUD rap/metal/gangsta rubbish.
Speaking about music stations, I heard a new segment on Y.E.S. 933's drive-home programme yesterday which was a fitting sketch of how I have been feeling the last couple of weeks. In this new segment, listeners can call in and rhapsodise paradoxically about people they hate. An excerpt of the listener's call-in yesterday:
"I have a group of good friends whom I really like. They would talk behind your back and in front of you, talk behind others... @#!$%... I really hope that I can be friends with them in my next life."
Listening to her was indeed gleefully cathartic.


2:12 pm .::.